Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr Seuss Day - 2 March

Today is Dr Seuss Day! He was born on this day 1904. Unfortunately this genius of a man, who's really name was Theodor Seuss Geisel, died in 1991. My childhood was made richer for reading Dr Seuss books and now I am sharing them with my children.
I love 'Green Eggs and Ham' and the 'Cat in the Hat' but these books are a more recent appreciation. As a child my bookshelf included 'Horton Hatches the Egg' and my all time favourite 'I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today and Other stories'. My favourite was one of the other stories 'The Glunk that got Unthunk' which is a great story about how powerful the imagination is and what can happen if you let your imagination run away with you.
Today, I had the spare of the moment need to celebrate all things Seuss-ical and the way I celebrate is with food! I prepared a very easy Dr Seuss inspired afternoon tea for my kiddie-winks.


Green eggs and ham inspired green curried eggs. 


We had Hop on Pop(corn) flavoured with icing sugar and cinnamon.


 And a pink ink drink. (inspired by One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish where there is an Yink who likes to wink and drink pink ink).  

So we spent the afternoon eating and reading Dr Seuss books.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR SEUSS!

What is your favourite Dr Seuss Book?

No comments:

Post a Comment